Hobbies and Free Time – 10 activities
Our huge resources have been shrunk and organized to give you easy-to-use and quick-playing activities for a specific grammar point, theme or functional language. Our Jukeboxes are refreshing alternatives for your ESL classroom online or offline.
Jukeboxes are packs of mini activities based on our larger teaching resources which typically span multiple ESL objectives and themes. These mini activities are organized by teaching objectives to streamline the teaching process and make choosing the right activity fun and manageable. Each pack consists of 10 different activities all focused on a particular grammar point, theme or functional language. This Jukebox covers vocabulary and useful structures concerned with hobbies and free time.
Use these activities as warm-ups, reviews, guided practice, free practice, end-of-lesson activities, time-killers, in-betweeners etc. They work well for groups as well as one-on-one lessons. They are not meant as a lesson on their own but are excellent companions of and alternatives to textbook activities and the like. Pick and choose one or more flavors that fit your needs or play them all one at a time.
All the mini activities included in this Jukebox revolve around hobbies and free time vocabulary and associated grammar.
These activities are designed for A1-A2 students but can easily be used as warm-ups, in-betweeners, or free practice activities for more advanced students.
The Hobbies and Free Time Jukebox contains PDF activities you can use online or offline based on the following resources:
- The Odd One Out – find the odd one out of 5 words or phrases;
- Introduce Yourself – associate different sentence halves to talk about yourself;
- Duel – compare and contrast different elements;
- Me Neither! – practice short answers in a truth or lie game;
- The Pronoun Game – find replacements for the pronouns;
- The SMS Game – generate a short SMS conversation;
- The Calendar and Clock Game – trivia, puzzles and opinions all about time;
- Well, Say Something – a conversational skill-building game;
- Never Enough – use adverbs of quantity and frequency to talk about hobbies;
- Vocabtivate – describe someone’s perfect day who loves x, y or z.
Follow the instructions provided or come up with your own ideas on the fly!
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!