House and Home – 10 activities
Jukeboxes are packs of mini activities based on our larger teaching resources which typically span multiple ESL objectives and themes. These mini activities are organized by teaching objectives to streamline the teaching process and make choosing the right activity fun and manageable. Each pack consists of 10 different activities all focused on a particular grammar point, theme or functional language. This Jukebox covers vocabulary and useful structures concerned with house and home.
Use these activities as warm-ups, reviews, guided practice, free practice, end-of-lesson activities, time-killers, in-betweeners etc. They work well for groups as well as one-on-one lessons. They are not meant as a lesson on their own but are excellent companions of and alternatives to textbook activities and the like. Pick and choose one or more flavors that fit your needs or play them all one at a time.
All the mini activities included in this Jukebox revolve around house and home vocabulary and associated grammatical structures and functional language.
These activities are designed for A2 students but can easily be used as warm-ups, in-betweeners, or free practice activities for more advanced students.
The Hobbies and Free Time Jukebox contains PDF activities you can use online or offline to discover, practice and review house and home vocabulary based on the following resources:
- The Odd One Out – find the odd one out of 5 words or phrases;
- The Calendar and Clock Game – trivia, puzzles and opinions all about time;
- The Question Game – students write questions that match the answers;
- Duel – compare and contrast;
- The SMS Game – be the quick and convenient Dr. SMS;
- Me Neither! – practice short answers in a truth or lie game;
- Never Enough – use adverbs of quantity and frequency to determine if these people are healthy or not;
- Grammaticard – practice the dummy it subject by sharing home remedies and cures;
- The Game of Objects – there’s been an accident!
- Well, Say Something – a conversational skill-building game;
Follow the instructions provided or come up with your own ideas on the fly!
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!