Jobs and Work – 10 activities
Our huge resources have been shrunk and organized to give you easy-to-use and quick-playing activities for a specific grammar point, theme or functional language. Our Jukeboxes are refreshing alternatives for your ESL classroom online or offline.
Jukeboxes are packs of mini activities based on our larger teaching resources which typically span multiple ESL objectives and themes. These mini activities are organized by teaching objectives to streamline the teaching process and make choosing the right activity fun and manageable. Each pack consists of 10 different activities all focused on a particular grammar point, theme or functional language. This Jukebox is for practicing and deepening your students’ use of vocabulary and structures related to jobs and work.
Use these activities as warm-ups, reviews, guided practice, free practice, end-of-lesson activities, time-killers, in-betweeners etc. They work well for groups as well as one-on-one lessons. They are not meant as a lesson on their own but are excellent companions of and alternatives to textbook activities and the like. Pick and choose one or more flavors that fit your needs or play them all one at a time.
All the mini activities included in this Jukebox revolve around jobs and work vocabulary and associated grammar.
These activities are designed for A1-A2 students but can easily be used as warm-ups, in-betweeners, or free practice activities for more advanced students.
The Jobs and Work Jukebox contains PDF activities you can use online or offline based on the following resources:
- A Normal Day – associate the sentence halves so they make sense;
- The Odd One Out – find the odd one out of 5 words or phrases;
- Me Neither! – practice short answers in a truth or lie game;
- What should they do for work? – a job recruiter activity;
- Introduce Yourself – use the poster to generate a small CV;
- My Town – make a Help Wanted poster for a business in town;
- Grammaticards – a finish the phrase type activity;
- 1, 2, 3, …! – an online-friendly board game to talk about different professions;
- The Calendar and Clock Game – trivia, puzzles and opinions all surrounding time;
- The Biography Game – what did they do before they were famous?
Follow the instructions provided or come up with your own ideas on the fly!
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!