ESL Discussion Worksheet: Make Cash in Your Spare Time
Free time is a luxury for many of us. It’s a time for hobbies and interests, but it can also be used to make a little extra money. What would your students do?
Use this “Make Cash in your spare time” ESL Discussion Worksheet however you’d like, but here’s what we recommend:
- Warm-up examples:
- Ask your class if anybody does work in their free time to make some extra money and let them explain it to the class.
- Ask your students for a list of things they could do for extra money in their free time.
- Watch the video once: Ask your students, “Which of the jobs mentioned in the video would you prefer to do in your spare time?” The link to the video is also on the PDF.
- Vocabulary: Check out the vocabulary on the PDF and answer any questions.
- Watch the video again: Answer the questions on the PDF in pairs.
- Speaking Activity: Put students in pairs to complete the speaking activity – directions on the PDF.
- If you’ve still got time left over, put your students in small groups to discuss the group activity.
The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vjN7KSp1pw
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!