Prepositions of Time Activity
A fun and simple prepositions of time activity to practice in, on and at with your beginners. You can pair this activity with other basic grammatical structures, such as frequency adverbs. This is a pair activity.
Here is a fun and simple prepositions of time activity to practice in, on and at with your beginners. You can pair this activity with other basic grammatical structures, such as frequency adverbs to solidify your students’ understanding and fluency of basic prepositions of time.
- Display the PDF, send a copy to your students or print a copy for each pair.
- Students will be given a time limit to come up with 10 assumptions about their partner by combining the images with the prepositions of time examples on the PDF.
- At the end of the time limit, partners present their assumptions and earn a point for each correct assumption.
- To emphasize repetition, ask students to answer truthfully if their partner’s corrections are incorrect.
- Come back as a class and let students present their partners’ habits and routines, again emphasizing repetition of the target language.
- To go further, you could have your students write down questions to ask others based on their original assumptions.
Looking for more?
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!