Organize a Self-Help Workshop
Students will organize a self-help workshop based on the responses from their peers. Choose a subject, write the questions, ask around, analyze the information and create a brochure for your self-help workshop!
- Send the PDF to each of your students if they are working individually, in pairs or small groups online. Share your screen if you are working as a class. Or pass out a copy of the PDF (front and back) to each individual, pair, or small group.
- Have all the groups choose the same theme if you want to compare them at the end, or have each group choose something different so you can decide which workshop would be best.
- Give time to write 6 questions about the theme they will ask their classmates. Then, give students time to walk around (or discuss in breakout rooms) and ask the questions to their classmates. They should write down these answers as they will base their workshop from this information!
- Next, give time to analyze the responses and then organize a workshop based on this information. They will do so by completing the other side of the PDF. This is the fun part, as they will have to synthesize their classmates’ responses into meaningful workshop ideas.
- Once everyone has finished their brochure, it’s time to present! Give teams the time to present their workshop and time for questions from the audience.
- You can vote on the best, the worst, the funniest, etc. if you’d like at the end.
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!