Get Got Getting Activity
The objective of this get got getting activity is to focus on the basic uses of get in a conversational context. Oh, and practice the difference between me neither and me too! Never enough practice…
How to use this get got getting activity
- Display the PDF for everyone to see. Students can work in pairs, small groups or as a class.
- One student begins by reading one of the phrases using get, got or getting and then asks the question in the middle of the poster, “And you?”
- The responder must respond with one of the 4 options on the poster. They must finish the phrase with the correct “short answer.” e.g. Yes, I will | No, I didn’t | Yes, I do | etc…
- The person who asked the question then decides whether or not the responder is lying or telling the truth.
- If they are correct, they earn a point. If they are wrong, the responder earns a point and must tell the truth.
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!