Christmas Traditions Vocabulary Activity
Christmas is right around the corner, your hard earned break is going to begin in a week or two, and you just need to find some good material to get through to the end. We’re here to help. It’s Day 1 of our Christmas Activity Giveaway and to start us off, here is a fill-in-the-blank type Christmas Traditions Vocabulary Activity where students will choose the correct vocabulary word to complete the sentence about a Christmas tradition.
A lot of them come from my own experiences!
How it works
This Christmas Traditions Vocabulary Activity was designed for online lessons, but also works well as a printable.
- Send a copy of the PDF to each of your students, or play as a class by displaying the PDF on your screen.
- Give students time to put the vocabulary at the bottom correctly into the spaces. They can do this individually, in pairs, small groups or as a class.
- There are 20 statements about holiday traditions. Once students have finished putting in the vocabulary words, display the Teacher PDF or let students correct each other’s work.
- Put students in pairs or small groups to talk about these traditions with the following questions:
- Do you have the same or similar tradition?
- Do you like this tradition?
- Would you add it to your holiday traditions?
- Come back as a class to see what kinds of traditions everyone shares.
Take it further
- Set a time limit for finding the vocabulary;
- Have students make their own fill-in-the-blank riddle about one of their own holiday traditions and challenge the class;
- Read further about odd holiday traditions around the world with this article >> Did you know in Japan they eat KFC on Christmas as a tradition?
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!
There are no reviews yet.