Housing – 4 activities for vocab practice
Vocabulary is great but using it is even better! Inside this resource, you will find 4 original activities concerning housing for your A2 students.
Our VOCABTIVATE resources are bundles of activities whose tasks are varied, aesthetic, motivating and ready-to-use. All you have to do is print and cut out the sheets, hand them out to your students …and it’s game on for up to two hours of class time!
- allows you to practice the vocabulary in both written or spoken form;
- can be used independently, together, or in addition to your own lesson plans;
- creates opportunities for cooperation and interaction;
- highlights the theme in an original way;
- can be used with the vocabulary list found in the downloadable PDF;
- comes with instructions for the teacher on how to use them;
- NOW COMES WITH INTERACTIVE PDFs FOR ONLINE LESSONS!
Vocabtivates are the perfect tool for:
- finishing or replacing a lesson plan;
- reviewing vocabulary;
- getting students to use their existing knowledge in conversation.
VOCABTIVATE: Housing is a collection of 4 activities focused on HOUSING related vocabulary, grammar and functional language.
Each activity is graded individually, but all activities are meant for A2-B1 students.
However, they can be used for more advanced learners, too!
A printable PDF with the following 4 activities:
- The sweet spot – Can your students find a suitable apartment together with all the necessary decorations and amenities?
- House hunters – Teams of real estate agents must convince difficult buyers. Which of your students is a smooth talker?
- Construction project – Interesting characters must draw up their dream home – just not on their dream plot!
- Going minimalist – A sage guru has introduced you to the wonders of minimalism. Your students will have to get rid of a lot to follow the wisdom of the Great Skippy.
7 reviews for Housing - 4 activities for vocab practice
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!
I’ve used this in French and it’s great but for some reason can’t download it, though I have a membership. It seems like the “download” button has disappeared and when you click on the “subscribe to newsletter” link, it just takes you back to the home page.
Ian Kime (verified owner) –
The link has been fixed, you should be able to download it with your TTA for free once you’ve logged in. Thanks for notifying us of this problem.
lambert.annelise74 (verified owner) –
Very good resource to work on the theme of housing and review vocabulary in context with interactive and original activities. A great way to involve our students! Thank you!
martynaraguenet (verified owner) –
I know the french version of your ressources. They’re great! I’m really happy you’ve decided to make the english version.
looreenaa127 (verified owner) –
A really useful and complete resource to work on the house vocabulary!
dantoniogarcia (verified owner) –
This is a useful resource to practice the vocabulary of the house ! I haven’t had enough time to finish all the activites but we will continue working on it next week ! Thanks !
Lucy1983 (verified owner) –
This resource is fantastic! Unfortunately, I haven’t tried all the activities yet. However, I can confirm that the first two are excellent. It’s fun not only for my students but also for me.
BOISSEAU (verified owner) –
Very useful ! Your job is so helpful !
Vocabtivate is so interesting and funny ! So happy to know your website that help me so much in my classes !