ESL Discussion Worksheet: The Library of Rare Colors
Enjoy this 90-minute online friendly ESL discussion PDF on the Forbes Pigment Collection at the Harvard Art Museum, where scientists go when they need to analyze artworks for restoration and forgery.
Use this ESL Discussion Worksheet about The Library of Rare Colors however you’d like, but here’s what we recommend:
- Warm-up question: What’s your favorite color and why? If you don’t have one now, what was your favorite color growing up?
If you had to describe your life right now in one color, what would it be?
- Watch the “The Library of Rare Colors” video once: Ask your students if they would like to visit this collection. The link to the video is also on the PDF.
- Vocabulary: Check out the vocabulary on the PDF and answer any questions.
- Watch the video again: Answer the questions on the PDF in pairs.
- Speaking Activity: Put students in pairs to complete the speaking activity – directions on the PDF.
- If you’ve still got time left over, put your students in new pairs or small groups and discuss the group activity.
The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApTzWboLrA
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!