Conversation Activity Pack – Tourism
This activity pack will allow you to conduct a complete 120-minute (or more!) conversation session on the topic of tourism.
This activity pack will allow you to conduct a complete 120-minute (or more!) conversation session on the topic of tourism. There are 6 different activities to print out and complete with your class. Pick and choose individual activities to go with or replace your lesson plan. Or do all of them one by one. They include:
• a listening comprehension activity on page 3, followed by discussion questions;
• a speaking activity “Could you travel together?” to complete in pairs, on page 4;
• a list of phrases for comment, on page 5 about modes of transport that can be used to prolong the preceding activity or used separately;
• a speaking activity “Definitely don’t…” on page 6 about certain behaviors and gestures that are prohibited or frowned upon in certain countries.
Homework: ask your students to choose two prohibitions that seem the strangest to them and to research their explanations on the Internet. They will present their findings orally during the next class;
• conversation questions on page 7 to print, cut out, and distribute to your students (for a speaking activity in large or small groups);
• a vocabulary list to give your students before the activities on page 8;
• a set of images on pages 9-12 you can use a few different ways:
• answers on pages 13 et 14.
Interested in something more specific? Check out our ESL discussion worksheet on relocating to Dubai >>
It takes a team of 13 to create and produce this material. In order for that to continue, please think about purchasing your own subscription to ESL Expertz and encourage your colleagues to do the same. We appreciate your confidence and support!