How do you respond when the interviewer asks…
job interview activity
Registered users download this PDF file for free.
How to use this job interview activity
This job interview activity requires two dice, real or virtual.
Here is a link to a virtual dice roller.
Below are two ways to play.
As a group:
- Tell your students they are at a job interview. The boxes on the left contain questions from the interviewer and the boxes on the right are constraints for their responses.
- Roll two dice. The die on the left corresponds to the interview questions, and the one on the right the constraints.
- Give students a time limit to come up with an answer according to the constraint. They can type it into the chat.
- Students take turns sharing their answers and the class votes on the best, funniest, etc.
- Put your students in pairs and tell them they are at a job interview. One plays the interviewer, the other the interviewee.
- Each roll a die. The interviewer uses the boxes on the left, the interviewee on the right.
- Give pairs a time limit of about 3-4 minutes to have a small conversation starting from their question / constraint pairings.
- Come back as a class and ask who got the job!
Here is a fun activity for your students to feel like they are part of a real English conversation. It’s not always fill in the blank responses when they are out in the wide world, now, is it? Today your students are at having a real English conversation at a job interview.