We’re at the finish line! Day 9 of our Present Perfect Givewaway is a Present Perfect Time Expressions Game that will engage your students and make you, the teacher, laugh. This activity is based on The Time Expressions Game – a premium resource – in which students must prove something about themselves (real or fictitious) while using specific time expressions.
This activity is reserved exclusively for Total Teacher Access subscribers.
Please be aware, this activity was designed for the online classroom but can also be used as a printable!
- Display the PDF so everyone can see. Put your students into teams of 2 or more or let them play individually. Set up the score table with the names of the teams or students.
- Choose a card in the middle to begin the game.
- Students take turns coming up with phrases that can prove this information. However, they must use one of the time expressions presented around the circle. Once a time expression has been used, check the box. It can no longer be used this round.
- Give a point each time a student gives a grammatically correct phrase (or, if using the chat, makes no spelling mistakes, etc.).
- Continue with the same card until all of the time expressions have been used.
- Choose a new card and repeat the process above. The team with the most points once all the cards in the middle have been used is the winner.
Looking for more present perfect activities? >>