You should have seen the first version of this activity… I had drunk way too much coffee and made a total mess of it. But, all those lost hours have brought us to this! The City Vocabulary Board Game is a simple dice game where students travel from point A to point B. This time, however, they will answer questions about the places they visit along the way, getting them to practice their city vocabulary and descriptions.
This activity is reserved for Total Teacher Access Subscribers.
- Display the game board or print it out for your groups if in the classroom.
- Each player needs a game token. Use the whiteboard tools if you are online.
- Students take turns rolling the dice to get from point A to point B on the map.
- When they land on a location, they must answer the question corresponding to the number they rolled.
- The first one to make it to point B wins! But the others might also want to go sailing in the lake, too, so let them catch up and play for 2nd, 3rd, etc.